Unforgettable Authentic Vietnam Experience
13 Day Experience + 11 Nights Accommodation + 1 Night Cruise + BONUS Sightseeing on Tour & Incl. $1200 Bonus Value
Deal Code: MC-86731
- Low Deposit from $99*pp
- 13 Day Touring Experience
- 11 Nights Accommodation
- 1 Night Halong Bay Cruise
- Daily Breakfast & Selected Meals
- All Sighting Admissions
Exclusive Bonus Value
- BONUS Hanoi City Tour
- BONUS Evening Food Market Tour
- BONUS Cooking Demonstration
- BONUS Tai Chi
- BONUS Tour of Hue's Citadel
- BONUS Gastro Tour of Hoi An Markets
- BONUS Visit to Independence Palace
- BONUS Tour of Ho Chi Minh
- BONUS Exclusive Package Savings
My Cruises Package Inclusions
- 11 nights 4-star (self-rated) hotel accommodation
- 1 night onboard a 4 star Halong Bay cruise ship
- Flights & taxes with a full-service airline
- 18 meals including daily breakfast
- Air-conditioned transportation
- All group transfers
- All sightseeing admissions
- English-speaking tour leader and local guide(s)
- BONUS locally guided ‘behind the scenes’ Hanoi City tour
- BONUS Evening food market walking tour and dinner
- BONUS Included cooking demonstration and Tai Chi while cruising Halong Bay
- BONUS guided tour of Hue’s historic citadel
- BONUS Locally guided gastro walking tour of Hoi An markets
- BONUS Visit to Independence (Reunification) Palace, site of the Fall of Saigon
- BONUS Walking tour of Ho Chi Minh
- BONUS Exclusive Package Savings
- Vietnam visa (Australian passport holders can apply for a visa online. Be sure to use the embassy website: https://www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/)
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Tipping (recommended)
- Personal expenses and anything not mentioned
General Travel Date Information
Tour Departs on Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Alternative Travel Dates
- 11 August 2021
- 1 September 2021
- 6 October 2021
- 9 March 2022
- 27 April 2022
- 18 May 2022
- 8 June 2022
Day 1: Fly from Australia to Hanoi (inflight meals)
Depart from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth, to Hanoi, Vietnam. Travel with Thai Airways, Malaysian Airlines, Qantas, Vietnam Airways, Cathay Pacific or other full service airline.
Xin chao! Welcome to Hanoi, Vietnam. Hanoi is full of culture, history and the engaging contradictions of a rapidly developing and deeply traditional society. You are greeted by your guide and driver at Noi Bai International Airport and transferred to the hotel. Rooms are available from 14.00. Check-in, make yourself comfortable and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. Note that some passengers may depart Australia on Day 0.
Day 2: Hanoi (B, L, D)
After breakfast at the hotel, meet your guide for a tour of iconic cultural sites and offbeat districts to sample local life in Hanoi. Wander through narrow alleys, try Vietnam’s famous coffee, then visit the Temple of Literature. Lunch on delicious local street food.
In the afternoon, continue to the garden of the Presidential Palace and see the one-pillar pagoda and Ho Chi Minh’s house on stilts. Complete the afternoon with a icon of Hanoi popular culture; bia hoi, the refreshing street side service of light beer directly from keg to glass.
Tonight, dinner is included during a visit to Hanoi’s old quarter and the old colonial administration district. Be guided between some of the city’s finest local food stalls and shops. Try a delicious range of noodle-based dishes while soaking up the wonderful sights and aromas of Hanoi life.
Day 3: Hanoi at leisure | Optional bike and barge in Ninh Binh (B)
Enjoy a full day at leisure to explore Hanoi on your own or take an optional private tour and unveil the ‘Inland Halong Bay’ on a fun-packed adventure:
Optional Barge and bike in Ninh Binh (lunch included)
Depart at 7am for a two-hour drive to Trang An, the most scenic waterway in the region. Arriving early avoids the crowds, ensuring a peaceful excursion aboard a rowing sampan. Then, head to the valley of Tam Coc for lunch in a garden setting.
In the afternoon, visit Bich Dong pagoda. Then take a leisurely bicycle ride on the flat backroads, winding between limestone rocks and rice fields to Hoa Lu. Then visit Dinh and Le temples before transferring back to Hanoi in the late afternoon, end of the day at leisure.
Day 4: Hanoi – Halong Bay – (B/L/D)
Depending on group size, be transferred by the Cruise shuttle or a private vehicle at 9.00am and drive through the Red River delta to Halong, to meet your joined-group cruise. Embark a beautifully crafted wooden junk for an overnight cruise in the legendary seascape of Halong. Be served delicious lunch while sailing to a less travelled area for relaxation, sunbathing, and a cave visit. The program varies based on tides, time of the year and weather. Some activities may be changed or cancelled if conditions are unfavourable.
End the day on deck at sunset, with time for an aperitif or to attend a cooking demonstration before dinner. Overnight in a comfortable private cabin with attached bathroom.
Day 5: Halong Bay – Hanoi – Flight to Hue (B)
At dawn, an early Tai Chi session is offered on deck, with coffee and tea served early for the magical Halong Bay sunrise. Check out and hop on a rowed sampan to visit a secluded floating village, one of the last communities still living on the bay. Return to the boat for brunch served as you cruise back to dock. Then be driven to Hanoi airport and fly to Hue. Upon arrival in Hue, be met and transferred to the hotel, the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 6: Hue (B,L)
After breakfast today, start your guided exploration of Hue’s Imperial Heritage by visiting Tu Duc’s vast tomb complex. In the late morning, be driven across the Perfume River and enter Kim Long ancient village. Located just by the walls of the citadel, Kim Long was a residential area for the Mandarins of the kings. Meet a friendly family who have preserved the art of banh, a delicacy of Hue’s gastronomic heritage. Sample great food and share a slice of life with the owners of the shop.
In the afternoon, visit the main site of Hue, its huge citadel. Dive into Vietnam’s feudal past and learn about the last Dynasty. Be driven back to the hotel for free time this evening, a chance to explore Hue’s atmospheric street life at night.
Day 7: Hue – Hoi An | Optional bike and barge to Hue’s unknown lagoon (B)
Enjoy a morning at leisure in Hue or choose to take a half-day tour to the city’s unknown lagoon and secluded pristine coast:
Optional Bike and barge to Hue’s unknown lagoon (lunch included)
Departing with your guide by bicycle from the hotel, ride out of town to a nearby village on the shores of Chuon Lagoon. Stop at a tiny market to buy fresh seafood from the morning’s catch, then cooked into local pancakes right on the spot. Continue riding on small roads across a fishing village surrounded by wetlands and dotted with huts on stilts. Jump on a fishing boat and journey onto the lagoon to discover local’s ancestral fishing techniques. On the other side complete the gentle adventure, cycling on a coastal road to a hidden restaurant behind a pristine stretch of beach. Sit back and relax while delicious light lunch is prepared. Enjoy a dip and lazy time at the beach before the transfer to Hoi An.
(Note: Group 13 pax+ will be divided into 2 groups)
In the afternoon, continue by road south to Hoi An. The scenery is remarkable, as the route hugs the coastline of the East Sea before winding up the spectacular Hai Van Pass. Here, admire the stunning views: north over Lang Co Beach and south over Da Nang. Then continue driving along My Khe Beach to Hoi An. Check-in at the hotel for an evening at leisure.
Day 8: Hoi An walking orientation and food tasting (B,L)
This morning, the day starts with a guided walk through the enchanting ancient town of Hoi An. Meander through beautiful streets and narrow alleys, bordered by ancient yellow-walled houses. Reach a market and explore the colourful stalls. Try local delicacies before venturing further into town. The guide will point out places of interest and arrange some spontaneous food tastings as you walk.
The afternoon and evening is at leisure.
Day 9: Hoi An at leisure / Optional cooking class at Red Bridge restaurant (B)
Take advantage of a full day at leisure to relax, enjoy shopping in Hoi An, or to go to a nearby beach. Or, take the special joined-group hands-on culinary experience:
Optional Cooking class by Red Bridge restaurant (lunch included / joined-group)
In the morning, be collected from the hotel and follow the chef on an exciting cookery experience. First, visit the market for ingredients while the chef points out different herbs and spices that define Vietnamese cuisine. Then transfer by boat to a beautiful villa on the banks on Thu Bon River to enjoy a hands-on cooking lesson and culinary experience. Dine on the courses you’ve prepared. Then, be driven back your hotel for the night.
Day 10: Hoi An – Ho Chi Minh (B)
Enjoy leisure time this morning.
In the afternoon, be met by a driver and transferred to Danang Airport for the flight to Ho Chi Minh. On arrival in Ho Chi Minh, be driven to your hotel. Enjoy rest of day of free time.
Day 11: The essentials of Ho Chi Minh half-day (B)
Depart the hotel after breakfast. Tour District 1 on a gentle orientation walk to discover some of the major colonial landmarks that give historical character to Ho Chi Minh’s modern metropolis. See the post office, cathedral and have a cup of excellent Vietnamese coffee at a local shop.
Then visit Independence Palace, former residence of the President of South Vietnam with a “War Room”, where South Vietnamese forces were controlled and the North Vietnamese army finally took control in the Fall of Ho Chi Minh on in 1975.
Enjoy rest of time at leisure.
Optional tour # 5: Visit Cu Chi tunnel half day (no meals)
Depart Ho Chi Minh after the morning tour and head to Cu Chi Tunnels. First stop and visit a family producing rice paper, learn how this essential ingredient of Vietnamese gastronomy is made and exchange a few stories with locals. Continue to Cu Chi Tunnels. After an introductory video, viewing various mantraps, the remains of an American tank and numerous bomb craters, spend the next hour exploring a maze of tunnels. See how the Viet Cong survived in this underground network. Return to Ho Chi Minh afterwards.
Day 12: Ho Chi Minh at leisure full day (B)
Spend the day exploring Ho Chi Minh on your own, its large avenues, cafes, museums and colonial landmarks.
Or, optionally explore the coconut lands in the Mekong Delta:
Optional Explore the coconut land in the Mekong Delta (lunch included)
From Ho Chi Minh head South to Ben Tre in the Mekong Delta, a region famous for its coconut production. Upon arrival, set out on a boat trip on narrow channels winding through coconut forests. Stop at brick and coconut processing workshops to see locals make bricks by hand and learn how to make different products from coconuts. Then jump onto a bike and cycle on village roads through local hamlets, rice fields and coconut groves. Feel free to stop along the way for closer looks at local life and culture of this region. You’ll then arrive at Mr. Sau Khanh’s house, whose ambition is to collect many antiques. Chat with him and try out the local skill of climbing coconut trees. Return to the pier and drive to Ho Chi Minh city.
Day 13: Ho Chi Minh Departure (B)
Today is at leisure until transferred to the airport. Rooms are available until 12.00.
POST-TOUR EXTENSION: 6 DAY INCREDIBLE CAMBODIA EXTENSION
From $799 per person twin share
Single supplement: $250 per person
Day 13: Fly Ho Chi Minh – Phnom Penh (B)
Welcome to Phnom Penh, the riverside capital of Cambodia. On arrival, be greeted by the guide and driver and transferred to the hotel.
Day 14: Phnom Penh (B, L)
This morning have a fun and experiential half-day tour around popular and also lesser known corners of the city.
Take off from the hotel by local remork (Cambodian tuk tuk) to a district out of the city centre. Enjoy local coffee on the street, visit an authentic local market, wander through narrow alleys and be immersed in the fascinating daily life of the locals. Then, visit sombre Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (‘S21’). Housed in a school taken over by the Khmer Rouge and used a detention centre, this is a grim but insightful visit.
After lunch at local restaurant, visit the lovely Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda for a taste of Phnom Penh’s rich heritage. The rest of the day is at leisure.
Day 15: Phnom Penh – Siem Reap (B, L)
After breakfast, depart the city for Siem Reap. Stop in the small town of Skuon, known for boasting one of Cambodian’s most exotic culinary delights: the deep-fried spider. Stroll around the market and maybe try a bite of spider, before continuing on to Siem Reap.
The afternoon and evening are free time to explore or relax.
Day 16: Full day visit to Angkor Wat (B)
Rise early to make the most of the day. Today is dedicated to the discovery of the Angkor temples. First explore Angkor Wat, the most famous and best-preserved of all temples within the complex. The massive three-tiered structure is crowned by five lotus-like towers rising 65-metres from ground level. Next, visit the ancient walled city of Angkor Thom, the last capital of the Great Khmer Empire under the reign of Jayavarman VII. Bayon Temple, Baphuon, the royal enclosure, Terraces of the Elephants and the Leper King are the main elements of this 12th century masterpiece. After a local lunch break (not included), continue to Ta Prohm Temple, untouched since it was rediscovered. Enjoy the photogenic and atmospheric maze of trees growing out of the ruins. Return to the hotel in the late afternoon to enjoy the rest of the day at your own leisure.
Day 17: Siem Reap at leisure full day (B)
Enjoy a full day at leisure in Siem Reap. This bustling town has markets, shops and peaceful restaurants to explore at your own pace.
Day 18: Siem Reap – Australia (B)
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flights home via connecting cities.
Note: Some flights may arrive home on Day 19.
ARRIVE EARLY & STAY BEHIND
A minimum airfare break fee indicated below plus applicable airfare & tax difference applies for any deviation from the set itinerary such as arrive early, stay behind or other flight deviation requests (excludes tour extensions)
- Airfare break fee: From $150 per person
- Pre-tour accommodation in Hanoi with breakfast (max occupancy 2 persons, excludes transfers): From $105 per twin room per night
- Post-tour accommodation in Ho Chi Minh with breakfast (max occupancy 2 persons, excludes transfers): From $115 per twin room per night
Post-tour accommodation in Siem Reap with breakfast (max occupancy 2 persons, excludes transfers): From $85 per twin room per night
- Deposit is fully refundable within 30 days of purchase.
- Deposit is fully transferrable up to 90 days prior to departure.
- Balance is due 90 days prior to departure.
- The Peace of Mind Policy allows free of charge changes up to 90 days before departure, subject to airfare differences where flights have already been booked.
- Each change within 90 days of departure: $100 per person plus applicable third-party supplier fees.
- Each change within 60 days of departure: $250 per person plus applicable third-party supplier fees.
- Cancellation more than 90 days before departure: Loss of deposit only.
- Cancellation within 90 days of departure: 30% of package price.
- Cancellation within 60 days of departure: 50% of package price.
- Cancellation within 14 days of departure: 100% of package price.
- Copies of passports valid for 6 months beyond trip completion is strictly required at the time of booking. You are liable for all fees due to incorrect or incomplete full names, or passports lacking the required validity.
- A tourist Visa is required for Australian passport holders – apply online on https://www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/)
- Final documentation including flights will be emailed within two of weeks of departure of the respective travel component.
- Each person is entitled to a strict maximum of one bag not exceeding 20kg on tour, regardless of any other baggage allowance.
- Porter service is not included and you are expected to carry your own bags.
- Luggage and personal effects are your own risk and we hold no liability for lost or damaged belongings.
- Confirmed flights are not available until you receive your final documentation.
- Costs for flight requests will be due immediately upon confirmation.
- Flights may involve up to two transits per leg.
- No show of flights may incur heavy penalties and auto cancellation of onward flights.
- Flights may depart one day before or after the indicated itinerary depending on your departure point and final flight schedule.
- The itinerary and its order, sightseeing and transportation may be adjusted as deemed necessary for optimum safety, enjoyment and operation of the tour.
- If attractions are not available due to reasons beyond our control such as closures or adverse weather, similar alternatives will be provided where possible.
- The indicated length of trip includes time in flight and is subject to change depending on the final flight schedule.
- Included admissions provide general entrance to the attraction and do not include secondary admissions or expenses inside the venue.
- Any reference to ‘optional’, ‘not included’ or ‘exclusions/excluded’ means at your own expense.
- Confirmed hotels are not available until you receive your final documentation.
- Listed hotels may be substituted with properties of a similar standard.
- Hotel star ratings are either local ratings or self-ratings provided by the supplier.
- All rooms will be lead-in category or run of house unless otherwise stated.
- Children under 12 years old are not permitted to join the tour.
- Triple share is not available
- Tipping is discretionary but recommended as a show of appreciation for the services of the guides and drivers.
- Rooms with twin beds will be provided if other room types are not available.
- Minimum 10 passengers.
- Maximum 20 passengers per vehicle.
- A reasonable level of fitness and mobility are required for often long and full days of medium to fast pace walking, with intermittent breaks on the coach during transit.
- You may encounter occasional flights of stairs and expected to alight from coaches and trains on your own accord.
- The tour is not suitable for persons requiring scooters or wheelchairs.
- Physical ailments must be disclosed at the time of booking for advice on your suitability.
- The tour and its optional programs may require minimum numbers to operate.
- It is a condition of booking that you must always remain with the tour according to the prescribed program.
- Departure from the group or deviation from the set itinerary are not permitted unless written prior consent is obtained, otherwise you risk cancellation of remaining land and air arrangements.
- All efforts must be made to resolve issues on tour with the tour leader.
- Complaints must be submitted in writing with substantiated evidence within 10 days of trip completion.
- Please notify your guide of any special dietary requirements but note that choices may be limited or not catered for.
- Common flight meals can be requested at the time of booking and are subject to availability.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- Force majeure means any natural disaster, accident, fire, act of God, act of war, terrorism, legally binding judgment, injunction, action of a court or other relevant authority, emergency, unplanned repairs, maintenance, strike, industrial dispute, work ban, blockade or picketing, travel ban, pandemic, epidemic or outbreak of infectious disease, or other event beyond our reasonable direct or indirect control.
- In case of force majeure or other extraordinary event that prevents safe travel, we reserve the right to adjust, postpone or cancel the trip.
- The pricing, terms and conditions listed herewith shall prevail in the case of any ambiguity or contradiction with other terms.
Talk to an Expert
Our Holiday Experts are:
- Cruise Experts
- Based in Australia
- Passionate and professional
- Here for you every step of the way
- Keen to find you the best deal
- Ready to answer all your Cruise questions
|Monday - Friday||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am||5:00 pm|