Russian Rivers & Scandinavian Capitals Discovery
17 Day Experience + 10 Nights Accommodation + BONUS Sightseeing on Tour & Incl. $7200 Bonus Value
Deal Code: MC-86435
- Low Deposit from $99*pp
- 17 Day Touring Experience
- 5 Night River Cruise
- 10 Nights Accommodation
- Return Flights
- All Onboard Meals
Exclusive Bonus Value
- BONUS Breakfast Daily
- BONUS Special Captains Dinner
- BONUS Russian Tea Ceremony
- BONUS Shore Excursions
- BONUS Entry Fees & Sightseeing
- BONUS Helsinki to Tallinn Ferry
- BONUS Exclusive Package Savings
My Cruises Package Inclusions
- 5 Night Volga River Cruise
- 7 Day Scandinavia capitals tour
- 10 nights 4-star hotel accommodation
- Return international flights
- All onboard meals and breakfast daily
- Local taxes and port charges included
- BONUS Daily breakfast
- BONUS Special Captains Dinner
- BONUS Russian Tea Ceremony
- BONUS Included shore excursions
- BONUS Bonus complimentary onboard entertainment
- BONUS Expert locally guided day tours
- BONUS entry to the Kremlin, Museum of Architecture, Hermitage, Helsinki’s Rock Church, Tivoli & more
- BONUS ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn, Estonia
- BONUS A Class Outside Cabin overnight ferry, with dinner, drinks and breakfast included to Stockholm
- BONUS Exclusive Package Savings
- Russia Tipping; Approx USD$10 per person per day, while in Russia.
- Scandinavia optional tipping: Approx EUR€2-4 per person, per day while touring (not expected but appreciated by driver and Tour Leader).
- Russia tourist visa; strictly required for Australian passport holders
- Personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Optional entry fees and taxes not mentioned in this itinerary
- Travel insurance (mandatory; speak with your Travel Consultant about Travel Insurance options)
General Travel Date Information
Tour Departs on Friday, August 6, 2021
Alternative Travel Dates
- 6th August 2021
- 3rd September 2021*
- 17th September 2021*
*surcharges may apply
Day 1: Arrive Moscow, Russia (inflight meals)
Welcome to Russia! On arrival, be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel to meet your local guide. Then relax for the rest of the day.
Note that flights will have departed Australia on day 0.
Day 2: Moscow (B, L, D)
After breakfast at the hotel, step on to the boulevards of Moscow. Take a panoramic guided city tour, seeing iconic landmarks including the Bolshoi Theatre, Cathedral of Christ the Saviour and the excellent view from Observation Platform on Sparrow Hill. Included lunch at a local restaurant. Later, be transferred to the MS Rostropovich and check in to your cabin. Dinner is onboard.
Day 3: Moscow (B, L, D)
The day starts with a morning tour to the Kremlin, the former seat of the Russian Government and a unique historical, architectural and artistic reserve. Visit one of the cathedrals situated on the grounds of the Kremlin at Cathedral Square. Visit Red Square and GUM, the elegant 126-year-old shopping centre. Enjoy included lunch at a local restaurant and a scenic drive back to the MS Rostropovich. Be treated to a welcome cocktail and dinner onboard as the ship departs Moscow.
Day 4: Uglich (B, L, D)
The ship stops today at picturesque Uglich, situated on the right bank of the Volga River.
Take a guided walking city tour and see the Dmitry on the Blood Church; built on the site where Dmitry, son of Ivan the Terrible, was murdered. Visit the ornate Transfiguration Cathedral, with its brightly coloured onion domes.
Day 5: Goritsy (B, L, D)
Today the ship arrives in Goritsy, a medieval village set on the banks of a Volga River tributary and surrounded by beautiful countryside. Tour the grounds of the well-preserved 14th century Cyril-Belozersky Monastery, named in honour of its founder, the monk Cyril, one of the most honoured saints in the Russian Orthodox Church.
Day 6: Kizhi (B, L, D)
This afternoon the ship stops at the tiny island of Kizhi, one of 1600 islands on Lake Onega. Your visit of the island includes the open-air Museum of Architecture, housing a collection of restored 18th century Russian wooden buildings. Visit the breathtaking Church of the Transfiguration, its intricate wooden structure and dramatic domes provide a delightful glimpse of Russia’s past.
Day 7: Mandrogi (B, L, D)
Today takes you to the picturesque village of Mandrogi, located on the River Svir. Take a relaxing stop on the verdant riverbank – enjoy the pleasant scenery and a picnic lunch. Enjoy a farewell dinner onboard this evening, as the ship nears the end of the journey.
Day 8: St Petersburg (B)
Wake up this morning, moored in St. Petersburg, the city built by Peter the Great in the 18th century.
After breakfast onboard, check-out of your cabin and take in a city tour of St. Petersburg. See impressive palaces and drive along Nevsky Prospect; St Petersburg’s main boulevard. Take in the view down Kanal Griboedova to the Church of the Savior on the Spilled Blood. Pass the Gostiny Dvor (the city’s largest department store), National Library and the monument to Catherine the Great. Then enjoy the Neva river embankment and imposing Peter and Paul Fortress. Later, visit the vast Hermitage Museum. Finish the day at leisure in your city hotel.
Day 9: St Petersburg (B)
Take a leisurely pace today, visiting Peterhoff Park. The enormous grounds are meticulously groomed and house ornate and unexpected water features and fountains. Your tour guide can suggest other activities and optional (not included) day tours.
Day 10: St Petersburg (B)
Set your own pace this morning, with a full day of free time to revisit your favourite part of St Petersburg, or explore the city further.
Day 11: St Petersburg (B)
After breakfast, check out of the hotel and be guided to the railway station for your next adventure; the relaxing and scenic 3.5 hour train trip into Helsinki, Finland. On arrival, be met by your new tour leader and escorted to your hotel to relax for the evening.
Day 12: Helsinki – Tallinn (B)
Be guided on a tour of this fascinating and stylish city. See the famous Rock Church and Senate Square – surrounded by the Lutheran Cathedral of Helsinki, the Senate, the University and Library of Helsinki. Also visit the monument to famous Finnish composer, Sibelius, as well as Olympic stadium and the striking new Opera House. In the afternoon, be transferred to the pier for the 2.5 hour fully serviced ferry to Talllinn, Estonia. Be met and transferred to your 4* hotel on arrival.
Day 13: Tallinn – Overnight ferry cruise (B, D)
After breakfast at your hotel, be guided on a tour of Tallinn’s most significant landmarks. Admire Alexandre Nevski church, Dome Church and the 13-14 century castle, the seat of the Estonian Parliament. There will be time for photos, and to take in the views of the medieval town-wall and its towers. Then walk down to the Town Hall Square with the 15th century Town Hall, 15th century pharmacy and the buildings of Great Guild and Brotherhood of Blackheads. After some free time, be transferred to the harbour to board the Talink Silja Line overnight ferry to Stockholm. Enjoy included dinner and drinks this evening.
Day 14: Stockholm (B)
Breakfast is included onboard this morning as the ferry sails into Stockholm at 10.15am. Today’s half day tour will include many of the highlights of Stockholm, a city often referred to as the Venice of the North. Start at Fjällgatan for the magnificent view of the Swedish capital, spread out on 14 islands. See the Old Town with its fascinating, narrow cobble-stoned alleys, the Royal palace, Cathedral and City Hall, where the annual Nobel Prize award takes place. The visit will also take you to the recreational island Djurgården where many of the city’s fine museums are found. Relax for the evening.
Day 15: Stockholm – Copenhagen (B)
Take in the scenery as you tour today from Stockholm to Copenhagen, via Malmo and the Oresunsbroen – the incredible bridge/tunnel linking Sweden and Denmark. Relax with free time in Copenhagen this evening.
Day 16: Copenhagen (B)
Have a leisurely breakfast before joining your local tour guide to explore Copenhagen. Discover the heart of the Danish capital, full of historic buildings and ancient streets. See the Little Mermaid and Gefion fountain, the Royal residence Amalienborg Palace and Nyhavn Canal with its charming outdoor restaurants and picturesque cafés. See Christiansborg Castle, home to the Danish Parliament, the Royal Opera House. Spend time in the wonderful Tivoli Gardens, opened in 1843, it’s the second-oldest theme park in the world and the world’s most-visited seasonal theme park. Its a delightful mix of rides, attractions, performances and culture.
Day 17: Depart Copenhagen (B, inflight meals)
After breakfast, check out of the hotel and step out to the airport – only a 4 minute walk.
Day 18: Arrive in Australia
Volga River Cruise Upgrades
Upgrade to a Deluxe Mid Cabin from only $500 per person
Upgrade to a Deluxe Mid Balcony Cabin from only $600 per person
Upgrade to a Deluxe High Deck Balcony Cabin from only $800 per person
- Deposit only $99
- Single Supplement: From $3120 per person
- All prices are subject to change, availability, redemption and book by deadlines.
- All prices are AUD per person twin share unless otherwise specified.
PEACE OF MIND POLICY
- Deposit is fully refundable within 30 days of purchase.
- Deposit is fully transferrable up to 90 days prior to departure.
- Balance is due 90 days prior to departure.
- The Peace of Mind Policy allows free of charge changes up to 90 days before departure, subject to airfare differences where flights have already been booked.
- Each change within 90 days of departure: $100 per person plus applicable third-party supplier fees.
- Each change within 60 days of departure: $250 per person plus applicable third-party supplier fees.
- Cancellation more than 90 days before departure: Loss of deposit only.
- Cancellation within 90 days of departure: 30% of package price.
- Cancellation within 60 days of departure: 50% of package price.
- Cancellation within 14 days of departure: 100% of package price.
- Copies of passports valid for 6 months beyond trip completion is strictly required at the time of booking. You are liable for all fees due to incorrect or incomplete full names, or passports lacking the required validity.
- Australian passport holders require a tourist visa to visit Russia. An official confirmation letter issued by a registered Russian tour agency will be provided to you via My Cruises. Passengers must contact your nearest Russian Embassy or Consulate 6 weeks prior to travel, for instructions on how to apply in person or via post.
- Tourist visas are not required for Australian and most other nationalities travelling to Scandinavia and the Baltics region for 90 days or less.
- Other passport holders should check with their embassy.
- Persons under 12 years old are not permitted on this tour.
- Children over 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult of 18 years or older.
- There is no discount for children
- The itinerary and its order, sightseeing and transportation may be adjusted as deemed necessary for optimum safety, enjoyment and operation of the tour.
- If attractions are not available due to reasons beyond our control such as closures or adverse weather, similar alternatives will be provided where possible.
- The indicated length of trip includes time in flight and is subject to change depending on the final flight schedule.
- Included admissions provide general entrance to the attraction and do not include secondary admissions or expenses inside the venue.
- Any reference to ‘optional’, ‘not included’ or ‘exclusions/excluded’ means at your own expense.
- Hotel star ratings are either local ratings or self-ratings provided by the supplier.
- All rooms will be lead-in category or run of house unless otherwise stated.
- Reference hotels are listed and may be substituted with properties of a similar standard.
- Final hotels will be provided when you receive your final documentation. All hotel ratings are self-rated locally. All rooms are lead-in type.
- Triple-share is not available on this cruise & tour package.
- Russia: Tipping is welcome and recommended at approx. USD$10 per person, per day for ship services, guides and drivers.
- Scandinavia: Tipping for guides and drivers is not required but appreciated at the end of the land tour. 2-4 Euro per person, per day is sufficient.
- Minimum 15 passengers required to operate, maximum 40 passengers per vehicle.
- Optional programs are subject to availability, time and weather permitting, and payable to the operator while on tour in local currency. Some tours require minimum numbers to operate.
- Each person is entitled to a strict maximum of one bag not exceeding 20kg on tour, regardless of any other baggage allowance.
- Porter service is not included and you are expected to carry your own bags.
- Luggage and personal effects are your own risk and we hold no liability for lost or damaged belongings.
- Final documentation will be emailed within two weeks of departure of the respective travel component.
- The default full service carrier included in your package will be provided when you receive your final documentation. Example default carriers include: Thai, Qatar, KLM, Singapore, British Airways, Emirates or similar.
- We will associate frequent flyer membership numbers to your booking but note that accrual of benefits is determined by the airline based on the prevailing fare issued.
- Please contact your travel consultant at the time of booking for premium economy and business class upgrade quotes.
- All flights or airfare related fees and costs are due immediately upon confirmation by cash payment. Frequent flyer points redemption is not permitted.
- Pre-set airline meals can be requested at the time of booking (or no later than one week before departure) and is subject to availability.
- Flights may involve up to two transits.
- Group transfers are at designated times. Transfers outside designated group arrangements incur additional costs. No refunds are provided for unused transfers.
- It is a condition of booking that you must always remain with the tour according to the prescribed program.
- Departure from the group or deviation from the set itinerary are not permitted unless written prior consent is obtained, otherwise you risk cancellation of remaining land and air arrangements.
- All efforts must be made to resolve issues on tour with the tour leader.
- Complaints must be submitted in writing with substantiated evidence within 10 days of trip completion.
- Please notify your guide of any special dietary requirements but note that choices may be limited or not catered for.
- A basic level of fitness is required for full days of brisk walking with intermittent breaks. This tour is not suitable for people requiring assistance or walking aid.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory. Please contact your travel consultant for a quote on discounted insurance.
- Force majeure means any natural disaster, accident, fire, act of God, act of war, terrorism, legally binding judgment, injunction, action of a court or other relevant authority, emergency, unplanned repairs, maintenance, strike, industrial dispute, work ban, blockade or picketing, travel ban, pandemic, epidemic or outbreak of infectious disease, or other event beyond our reasonable direct or indirect control.
- In case of force majeure or other extraordinary event that prevents safe travel, we reserve the right to adjust, postpone or cancel the trip.
- The pricing, terms and conditions listed herewith shall prevail in the case of any ambiguity or contradiction with other terms.
Visit 5 incredible Eastern European countries
Take a once-in-a-lifetime- Volga River cruise
Experience the diversity of Russian culture from the city to country
Experience Russia’s White Nights
Take the scenic route travelling from Russia to Finland by train
Tour Scandinavia’s most beautiful cities with expert local guides
Talk to an Expert
Our Holiday Experts are:
- Cruise Experts
- Based in Australia
- Passionate and professional
- Here for you every step of the way
- Keen to find you the best deal
- Ready to answer all your Cruise questions
|Monday - Friday||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am||5:00 pm|