Queensland Outback to Coast Discovery
8 Day Experience + 1 Night Aboard Spirit of the Outback + 6 Nights Accommodation + BONUS Sightseeing on Tour & Incl. $1000 Bonus Value
Deal Code: MC-86979
- 8 Day Touring Experience
- 1 Night Aboard Spirit of the Outback
- 3 Nights Accommodation in Longreach
- 1 Night Accommodation in Emerald
- 2 Nights Accommodation in 1770
- Luxury Gold Class Coach Travel
Exclusive Bonus Value
- BONUS 20 Meals
- BONUS Indigenous Traditional Dance
- BONUS Camden Park Station Tour
- BONUS Waltzing Matilda Centre Tour
- BONUS Miners Heritage Tour at Rubyvale
- BONUS Agnes Water LARC Paradise Tour
- BONUS Eumundi Markets Experience
- BONUS Exclusive Package Savings
My Cruises Package Inclusions
- 8 day fully escorted tour by Fun Over Fifty
- 1 night rail experience aboard Spirit of the Outback in a First Class Cabin
- 3 nights 3.5 star hand-selected accommodation in Longreach
- 1 night 4 star hand-selected accommodation in Emerald
- 2 nights 4.5 star hand-selected accommodation in Town of 1770
- Luxury Gold Class coach travel
Please note flights to Brisbane are not included – be sure to ask one of our friendly cruise consultants about your flight options
- BONUS 7 Full Breakfasts, 2 Morning Teas, 6 Lunches & 7 Two Course Dinners
- BONUS Indigenous Traditional Dance & Dot Painting Activity
- BONUS Australian Stockmans Hall of Fame Cinema Experience
- BONUS Camden Park Station Tour with Sunset Nibbles
- BONUS Waltzing Matilda Centre Tour
- BONUS Australian Age of Dinosaurs Tour
- BONUS Miners Heritage Tour at Rubyvale
- BONUS Agnes Water LARC! Paradise Tour
- BONUS Eumundi Markets Food & Shopping Experience
- BONUS Exclusive Package Savings
- Airfare to and from Brisbane – ask our travel experts for a quote
- Transfers on arrival and at the end of the tour
General Travel Date Information
Tour Departs on Saturday, March 6, 2021*
*Subject to availability – please call to check
Day 1: Arrive & Board the Spirit of the Outback at Brisbane (D)
Make your own way to Platform 10, Roma Street Station, Brisbane at 1pm to meet your tour host and check-in to your first class cabin. At 1:55pm we depart on the Spirit of the Outback for a realistic, upfront view of Queensland’s captivating outback, enjoyed in the comfort of air-conditioned, authentically-themed surrounds. On our journey west we venture through the heritage towns of the Central West. Dining on board the Spirit of the Outback is an experience in itself with the themed restaurant car serving hearty Aussie meals. While the Shearers Rest first class lounge car is ideal for a quiet drink, taking time to get to know your fellow travel companions.
1 Night Stay: First class cabin aboard the Spirit of the Outback
Day 2: Disembark the Spirit of the Outback at Longreach (B, L, D)
Relax today and let the outback come to life in front of your eyes as we wind our way through ever-changing scenery and rugged terrain. This epic rail journey arrives into Longreach, the heart of the Queensland Outback, mid-afternoon. We then board the luxury ‘Gold Class’ coach for transfers to our hotel.
3 Night Stay: Longreach Motor Inn (3.5 star)
Day 3: Qantas Founders Museum & Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame (B, L D)
We start the day with a guided tour of Qantas Founders Museum’s iconic aircraft including the Boeing 747 and new Super Constellation display. Learn about the history and significance of each aircraft and have access to parts of the aircraft you would normally not see as a passenger. Next, we travel to Barcaldine for lunch and experience an authentic cultural journey as ancient and contemporary shared histories come alive through the passion of Cheryl Thompson, descendant of the Yiningai people. From Connecting to Country, through traditional Tribal Body Art and its meanings, Dot Painting workshop, Tribal Story, Song and Dance presentations. On our return to Longreach, we enjoy a short visit to the Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame, although closed for the summer, enjoy a 20-minute cinematic experience. Late this afternoon we head out to Camden Park Station to learn about life on the land with the Walker family which dates back over 3 generations. See the 100-year old shearing shed and historical homestead visited by the Queen in 1970. Enjoy sunset nibbles before making our way back to the hotel for dinner.
Day 4: Winton, Waltzing Matilda Centre & Australia Age of Dinosaurs (B, L, D)
We take a 2-hour road trip this morning enjoying the changing outback scenery as we journey from Longreach to Winton. On arrival, we take a guided tour of the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Exhibit, the world’s largest collection of unique Australian dinosaur fossils and the most productive fossil preparation laboratory in the Southern Hemisphere. A truly amazing experience perched on top of a spectacular rocky plateau where dinosaurs once roamed. Listen and learn from dinosaur enthusiasts, and capture the fossil fever that has gripped the area since the first bones of gigantic Sauropod ‘Elliott’ were discovered. From here we make our way into Winton. From here we make our way to Winton where we visit the Waltzing Matilda Centre before making our way back to Longreach.
Day 5: Barcaldine, Alpha & Miners Heritage Tour at Rubyvale (B, MT, L, D)
Departing Longreach we travel a short distance breaking at the Tree of Knowledge at Barcaldine for a cuppa and photo opportunity. We continue east, breaking at Alpha to see the 27 murals that tell the story of rural life in the region. On arrival at Rubyvale in the Gemfields, we enjoy lunch and tour of the Miners Heritage walk in Sapphire Mine. Our afternoon takes us to Emerald.
1 Night Stay: Emerald Maraboon Motor Inn, Emerald (4 star)
Day 6: Queensland Heritage Park at Biloela & Town of 1770 (B, L, D)
Departing Emerald, we travel through crop and cattle country before arriving at Biloela. Enjoy a visit to the Queensland Heritage Park, followed by lunch. This afternoon we make our way to the Town of 1770.
2 Night Stay: 1770 Lagoons Central Apartment Resort (4.5 star)
Day 7: Agnes Water & 1770 LARC! Paradise Tour (B, L, D)
This morning we take the ideal getaway on the pink amphibious LARC. Take in the highlights of Agnes Water by land and sea onboard a unique LARC amphibious vehicle. Set out on a full day adventure crossing tidal creeks, sandy beaches and 4WD drive trails, as you explore the Town of 1770 and Bustard Bay. Stop for lunch (included) on Middle Island, take in the views from the Bustard Head lighthouse, then get your adrenaline pumping as you try sandboarding (optional) down the dunes of Middle Island. Return to 1770 Lagoons Resort.
Day 8: Sunshine Coast Eumundi Markets & Brisbane Departure (B, MT)
Homeward bound this morning, we break at historic Childers for a cuppa. We drive past the Backpackers Memorial before departing Childers and making our way to Eumundi. Here we visit the iconic Eumundi Markets, with some free time to shop the many local stalls and taste the local delicacies (lunch own expense today). Late afternoon, we leave the Sunshine Coast behind us and make our way to the Brisbane Coach Terminal.
ABOUT FUN OVER FIFTY & WHY WE PARTNER WITH THEM
Fun Over Fifty is an Australian owned and operated family business and award-winning ecotourism certified tour operator famous for all-inclusive group touring best suited to active seniors. With a focus on quality and value, their extensive range of tours always deliver exceptional experiences and the signature element of fun.
Fun Over Fifty’s comprehensive and thoughtfully crafted itineraries are operated by a fleet of luxury ‘Gold Class’ and opulent ‘Diamond Class’ coaches carefully matched with handpicked accommodation. Renowned for service excellence, their on-and-off-road crew go to great lengths to take care of every last detail.
Consistently awarded numerous sustainable tourism awards, Fun Over Fifty’s commitment to innovative green initiatives sets them apart. All tours adopt the COVID clean and COVID safe principles of social distancing, enhanced hygiene, extended staff training and extra signage for you to travel in style and safety.
LUXURY GOLD CLASS COACH TRAVEL
Luxury Gold Class vehicles are bespoke built for tours capped at 40 passengers. Head-turning features include pull down blinds, generous leg room with footrests (85-0-cm between seats), leather reclining seats with lumber support, 3 TV screens, driver road cam, individual USB charging points, restroom, onboard sick bed, magazine & drink bottle holder.
EXCLUSIVE SENIORS ONLY TOUR
- This tour is only for adults over the age of 50. A booking form with signed declaration must be completed before tours can be confirmed.
- Solo supplement: Additional $500 per person is payable for single travelers
- Rates are based on adults over 50 with no concession cards. Prices are correct at time of publication and are subject to change without notice. All prices are in Australian dollars per person twin share unless stated otherwise. This package may be subject to an additional levy for coach/air component that may be imposed and is out of our control.
- Queensland Aged Pensioner utilising 2 concession vouchers (QPCV Fare): $100 per person discount
- State issued Australian Government Seniors Card (SENIOR Fare): $40 per person discount
- Copies of Pension and Seniors cards must be provided for the discount. The QPCV Fare is valid for Queensland Pension card holders only. Seniors Card holders must hold an Australian State or Territory Government issued Seniors Card (National Seniors Business Cards do not apply).
- A moderate level of fitness is required. Guests must be able to walk 10 minutes without stopping, ascend stairs without stopping, stand for 30 minutes without sitting, walk over uneven ground, embark/alight transport unaided and manage their own luggage.
ITINERARY / RAIL
- The itinerary and its order, sightseeing and transportation may be adjusted or disrupted without notice as deemed necessary for optimum safety, enjoyment and logistics. Attractions may not be available due to reasons beyond our control such as closures or adverse weather. The operation of tours, rail, cruises, activities and restaurants are subject to availability and minimum numbers. The operating schedule may be limited or adjusted without notice due to the impacts of COVID-19.
- Confirmed hotels are not available until you receive your final documentation. Listed hotels may be substituted with properties of a similar standard.
- Final documentation will be emailed within two of weeks of departure of the respective travel component.
- Travel insurance is not included and is strongly recommended. Ask our holiday experts for great coverage options.
- Each change within 90 days of departure: $150 per person plus applicable third-party supplier fees.
- If flights are added to the booking, additional airline amendment fees apply at any time.
- Cancellations within 90 days of departure incur a 100% penalty.
- If flights are added to the booking, additional airline cancellation fees apply at any time.
- If flights, tours or accommodations are cancelled by the supplier due to COVID-19, fees will be subject to the specific supplier policy in effect at the time.
- Force majeure means any natural disaster, accident, fire, act of God, act of war, terrorism, legally binding judgment, injunction, action of a court or other relevant authority, emergency, unplanned repairs, maintenance, strike, industrial dispute, work ban, blockade or picketing, travel ban, pandemic, epidemic or outbreak of infectious disease, or other event beyond our reasonable direct or indirect control. In case of force majeure or other extraordinary event that prevents safe travel, the supplier reserves the right to adjust, postpone or cancel the trip.
Escorted Tour by Fun Over Fifty, an Australian owned and operated family business
Luxury Gold Class Coach Travel
Talk to an Expert
Our Holiday Experts are:
- Cruise Experts
- Based in Australia
- Passionate and professional
- Here for you every step of the way
- Keen to find you the best deal
- Ready to answer all your Cruise questions
|Monday - Friday||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am||5:00 pm|