Ultimate China & Japan Cherry Blossom Discovery
7 Night Tour + 13 Night Cruise + Flights + Transfers & Incl. $4000 BONUS Value
Deal Code: MC-75649
- 7 Night China Tour
- 13 Night Cruise
- Return Flights
- All Onboard Meals
- Activities & Entertainment Onboard
Exclusive Bonus Value
- Exclusive Beijing Shore Excursions to Great Wall of China, Tiananmen Square, & Forbidden City
- Visit to Terracotta Warrior Army in Xi'an
- Visits to Suzho, Wuxi, & Hangzhou
- Visit to a Traditional Tea House in Shanghai
- Rail Journey on a High-Speed Bullet Train
- Port Charges & Taxes Included
- BONUS Exclusive My Cruises Package Savings
- 7 Nights accommodation in deluxe, hand-selected hotels while touring with breakfast daily
- English speaking tour guide, all sightseeing admission (unless otherwise stated), & all group transfers are included.
- 13 Night cruise from Shanghai to Tokyo onboard Celebrity Millennium in an Interior Stateroom.
- Return Economy Class airfares to Xi’an, returning from Tokyo including checked luggage
- All onboard meals in complimentary dining venues, & selected non-alcoholic beverages
- A wide range of onboard activities, & entertainment
- All port taxes & charges included
- BONUS Exclusive My Cruises Package Savings
- Exclusive Beijing shore excursions whilst onboard Celebrity Millennium to Great wall Tiananmen Square, & Forbidden City
- BONUS Visit the world famous Terracotta Warrior Army in Xi’an
- BONUS Visit to Suzho, Wuxi, & Hangzhou
- BONUS Experience a traditional tea house in Shanghai
- BONUS Rail journey on the high-speed bullet train (2nd class cabin)
- BONUS Prepaid gratuities included on your tour & cruise
General Sail Date Information
Tour Departs Saturday, March 21, 2020
Set Sail on Saturday, March 28, 2020
*Surcharges may apply
Day 1: Xi’an, China
The highlight today is a visit to the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum followed by the Terracotta Warriors Reproduction Factory. Unearthed near Xi’an, the thousands of life-size sculptures of soldiers, chariots and horses are considered a world wonder. With different facial expressions and weaponry adorning each soldier, the Terracotta Warriors were believed to have been created to accompany the Qin Emperor into the afterlife. This site is among the top archaeological excavations of the 20th century and will leave you astounded by the sheer scale of the army. In the evening, enjoy an optional Imperial Dumpling Banquet and Tang Dynasty Singing & Dancing Show (not included).Day 2: Xi’an – Suzhou
Unearth the Small Wild Goose Pagoda, a AAAA scenic spot and World Heritage Site surviving from the Tang dynasty. Although built entirely of stone, the Small Wild Goose Pagoda is very delicate in appearance. The top three floors have been damaged, yet it really adds to the appeal of the pagoda. Later, travel on a high-speed train to the harmonious city of Suzhou often described as the ‘Venice of the East’ for its classical gardens, palaces, canals and bridges.Day 3: Suzhou – Wuxi
China is the largest silk producer in the world and Suzhou is renowned for its exquisite quality silk. Today you can witness the delicate silk-making process from silkworm cocoons at the Silk Spinning Factory and testify that the handmade quilts are as light as feather. Then take a stroll in the world-famous Lingering Garden, featuring ornate viewing pavilions and a splendid landscape of water and striking rockeries. You have an opportunity to cruise along the Grand Canal (not included) to view life along China’s ancient waterway. Travel to Wuxi, the ‘land of fish and rice’, to conclude the day at famous Nanchang Street, an ancient thoroughfare showcasing the juxtaposition of traditional and modern living.Day 4: Wuxi – Hangzhou
Gain an insight into China’s enormous manufacturing and production capabilities with a visit to a Pearl Factory to learn about freshwater pearls, a key export commodity with great cultural significance since the Han dynasty. Then take in the pleasant sounds at Li Lake Park, home to egrets and many rare species of birds, and the wonderful scenery of picturesque Taihu Lake, the second biggest freshwater lake in China. Top off your evening with a spectacular “Impression West Lake” show (not included) staged entirely upon the open-air of the West Lake with a backdrop of natural mountains and real water – a truly captivating artistic masterpiece of music, light and dance produced by the theatrical director of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games’ opening and closing ceremonies.Day 5: Hangzhou – Shanghai
Described by Marco Polo as ‘the most beautiful and magnificent city in the world’, Hangzhou is considered the tea capital of China. Learn how to make local specialty Longjing Tea at a tea house while immersed in the stunning natural scenery of the village surrounds. Then enjoy a small boat ride on the UNESCO-listed West Lake where you will see the ethereal beauty of Hangzhou’s willow-draped islands. Next, transfer to cosmopolitan metropolis Shanghai to visit the famous Bund, a five-block riverfront promenade of shops and commercial buildings. Modern mega high-rises on the east and traditional European-style architecture on the west are divided by the Huangpu River. Complete a memorable evening with the option to attend a spectacular Chinese acrobatic show, “ERA: The Intersection of Time” or “SPIRAL” (not included), widely praised as the best acrobatic show in Shanghai.Day 6: Shanghai, China
Today is free at leisure or you may join a Shanghai Day Tour with Maglev Train Experience (not included) to soak up Shanghai’s best sights including Shanghai Bazaar where you can shop for last minute souvenirs, the affluent streets of Xintiandi composed of old-style Shikumen residences and modern architecture, and the world’s fastest commercially operating train with a top speed of 390km/h. Last but not least, one of the best ways to enjoy the extraordinary evening scenery along the Huangpu River is to take a charming “Huangpu River Cruise” (not included).Day 7: Shanghai, China
Transfer to Baoshan cruise terminal for your onward journey.Day 8: At Sea
Your full day at sea will allow you to take full advantage of everything your ship has to offer. Seek out hidden treasures and make the most of the facilities onboard. If you packed full of fun activities then be sure to refer to the ship’s daily newsletter to keep up to date on everything offered onboard. If relaxation is on your mind then your sea day will allow you to sit back, soak in ship life and watch the world as it floats by you.Day 9: Seoul, South Korea
Travel to Seoul and take in the ultra-modern high-rises juxtapositioned against it’s traditional heritage. Visit the stunning 14th century Gyeongbok Palace, Seoul’s National Museum and their bustling antique district.Day 10: At Sea
Your full day at sea will allow you to take full advantage of everything your ship has to offer. Seek out hidden treasures and make the most of the facilities onboard. If you packed full of fun activities then be sure to refer to the ship’s daily newsletter to keep up to date on everything offered onboard. If relaxation is on your mind then your sea day will allow you to sit back, soak in ship life and watch the world as it floats by you.Day 11-13: Beijing, China
You are now in the heartland of China, a dynamic and modern city awaits you in the form of Beijing. The Great Wall still makes its way the through the landscape; the once Forbidden City shows off its opulent throne rooms as well as temples and tombs which foreground the ancient cultural aspects of this city. Tienanmen Square is an absolute must see whilst in the city.Day 14: At Sea
Your full day at sea will allow you to take full advantage of everything your ship has to offer. Seek out hidden treasures and make the most of the facilities onboard. If you packed full of fun activities then be sure to refer to the ship’s daily newsletter to keep up to date on everything offered onboard. If relaxation is on your mind then your sea day will allow you to sit back, soak in ship life and watch the world as it floats by you.Day 15: Seogwipo (Jeju Island), South Korea
Known as the New Pride of South Korea, a new Seven Wonders of Nature winner. A memorable landscape of volcanic lava rock and its incredible ocean cliff views has won recognition as Korea’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site. Dine on fresh seafood and rebalance your mind to the bells the monk's ring from the famous cliff-top temple at sunset.Day 16: At Sea
Osaka is renown for its modern architecture, nightlife and delicious street food. The 16th-century shogunate Osaka Castle has undergone countless restorations and remains as the city’s most historical landmark.Day 19: Kobe, Japan
Named after its origin, famous Kobe beef is one of the delicacies to enjoy at the many gourmet restaurants. Kobe is situated between mountains and the sea, it is Japan’s sixth-largest city and a port bustling with culture and fine cuisine.Day 20: Shimizu, Japan
In the shadow of Mount Fuji, Shimizu is one of the most beautiful ports in Japan. Walk through the pine groves of Miho, home to a 650-year-old Japanese black pine, or enjoy spectacular views of Mount Fuji from the lush, forested hill of Nihondaira. Take in the seascapes on a bay cruise, or learn of undersea delights at Japan's first sushi museum, and get a glimpse at feudal life in Japan in 200 BC at the archaeological site of Toro.Day 21: Tokyo, Japan
Yokohama has completely transformed over the past few decades and is now one of Japan’s largest ports and the gateway to Tokyo. Ancient traditions and historic sites blend into modern culture, crafting a city unlike anywhere else. In Tokyo, you can walk amongst neon-glowing skyscrapers and historical temples which make for a truly unmatched experience.
Celebrity Millennium carries over 2000 passengers, weighing in at 91,000 Gross Tonnage and spanning 294 metres. Known for her modern luxury, Constellation offers some very unique features including world class restaurants, luxury fashion brands and state of the art RFID door locks for all cabins! She belongs to the Millennium class , sister to Infinity, Summit and Millennium.
Enjoy some of the finest cuisine at sea, paired with a Cellar Masters wine tasting session, view the latest films and relaxing vibes at the newly introduced Rooftop Terrace. There is always something to do on board Millennium and plenty of relaxing activities such as the day spa treatment.
Travel based on sail date, March 28, 2020.
Prices are per person twin share in AUD, and subject to availability and currency fluctuations. Pricing is subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Surcharges may apply. Flights may not be direct or operate daily. Itinerary and inclusions are subject to change. Disruptions to cruising and itinerary may occur. Accommodation is subject to change and availability. Shore excursions and other items such as alcoholic beverages & laundry are an additional cost.
Itineraries are subject to change at any time without notice.
Due to security reasons, all guests must be onboard 2 hours before sailing.
Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking.
All passports, vaccinations and visas are the responsibility of the travelling guest to secure prior to departure from Australia.
Please check Visa requirements for all countries visited on this itinerary.
China, Russia, India, Canada and the USA require visas to be arranged prior to sailing for all Australian passport holders.
For Non-Australian passport holders please check with the appropriate embassy.
Tour inclusion does not include price of optional programs, secondary admissions within sites, porter service at hotels/train stations/airports, personal expenses such as gratuities, laundry, telephone/internet charges and meals not mentioned. The tour is non refundable and a single supplement fee applies for single travellers.
- We reserve the right to adjust the itinerary and order, sightseeing and transportation as we see fit to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the tour.
- In the unusual event that a destination, sight or attraction is unavailable due to weather, local, seasonal, political or other constraints, it will be substituted with a similar alternative.
- The indicated length of trip includes time in flight and is subject to change depending on the prevailing flight schedule to be provided when you receive your final documentation. The number of accommodation nights will not change.
- Due to flight times and scheduling, some flights may depart a day before or after the indicated itinerary.
- A reference to included entrance fees refers to admissions to the main site or attraction but may not include any secondary admissions inside the venue or optional programs marked as “not included”.
HOTELS ON TOUR
- Triple-share is available on the land tour in the form of extra bedding with no discount.
- Reference hotels listed may be substituted with properties of a similar standard.
- Confirmed hotels will be provided when you receive your final documentation.
- All hotel ratings are self-rated in accordance to local standards.
- All rooms are lead-in category or run of house unless otherwise stated.
- The standard check in time is 2:00pm and check out time is 10:00am.
CHILD POLICY on TOUR
- The tour is not suitable for persons under 18 years old. Child discounts do not apply.
Shore excursions are not operated by Celebrity Cruises, you will be met by a local ground operator on arrival.
- Discover the best of Xi'an, Suzhou, Wuxi, Hangzhou, & Shanghai
- Visit the world famous Terrecotta Warrior Army in Xi'an
- Walk along the iconic Great Wall of China
- Experience the high-speed bullet train
Talk to an Expert
Our Holiday Experts are:
- Cruise Experts
- Based in Australia
- Passionate and professional
- Here for you every step of the way
- Keen to find you the best deal
- Ready to answer all your Cruise questions
|Monday - Friday||7:30 am||6:30 pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||8:00 am||4:00 pm|