The award-winning luxury ms Paul Gauguin cruise ship provides an extraordinary cruise experience to exquisite destinations including Tahiti and the Society Islands, Tuamotus, the Cook Islands, Marquesas, Tonga, and Fiji. Build for sailing shallow waters the small luxury cruise ship boasts a 1:1.5 crew-to-guest ratio. With a variety of dining options, including 24-hour room service, all-inclusive beverage services, and extensive shore excursion programs. No other luxury ship in history has offered this level of single-destination focus and expertise on a year-round basis for such an extended period of time.
In September 2019, Paul Gauguin Cruises joined PONANT’s family, the world leader of small-ship cruising.
Luxury onboard features include sumptuous ocean view staterooms, gourmet dining curated by award-winning chef Jean-Pierre Vigato, a lavish spa offering signature treatments, an expansive deck and outdoor pool, a fitness centre, a boutique, and a lounge with live local entertainment.
A key feature of ms Paul Gauguin is the water sports marina – offering guests paddle boarding, kayaking & PADI SCUBA diving programs. Only with Paul Gauguin Cruises can you visit the exclusive private island of Motu Mahana (off the coast of Taha’a) where food, drink, and live music awaits as well as our exclusive beach retreat in Bora Bora.
- Voted World’s Best Luxury Tahiti and South Pacific Cruises
- Small-Ship Luxury Cruise Line
- Five-star Service
- Capacity: 330 Guests
- Crew-to-Guest Ratio: 1:1.5
- All Oceanview Staterooms
- Complimentary Beverages Onboard
- Certified Medical Services
- All oceanview accommodations, nearly 70% with balconies, measuring from 200 to 500 sq. ft., including balcony
- Butler service, in-suite bar setup, and iPod® music system in suite/stateroom category B and above
- A choice of three dining venues
- Complimentary 24-hour room service, including selections from L’Etoile restaurant during regular dining hours
- Complimentary beverages, including select wines and spirits, beer, soft drinks, bottled water, and hot beverages
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship
- Onboard gratuities for room stewards, dining and bar staff
- Full entertainment program including Polynesian artists, musical entertainment, and a pianist
- Spa and beauty services, including hand and foot treatments, body treatments, facials, and spa programs
- Optional PADI SCUBA diving program and certification
- Watersports marina for complimentary kayaking and paddleboarding, and Zodiacs® for optional dive excursions
- A day at Motu Mahana, Paul Gauguin Cruises’ exclusive retreat off the coast of Taha’a, featuring Polynesian hospitality, snorkeling, watersports, bar service, and a delicious feast
- Access to the exclusive, private beach located on a motu off the coast of Bora Bora, which offers an idyllic white-sand beach, excellent snorkeling, and bar service on French Polynesia itineraries
- Fully-equipped fitness center
- Presentations by local naturalists and a variety of special guests
- Spacious outdoor decks and pool
- La Boutique duty-free shop
- Book Library (open 24 hours a day)
- Laundry services available
- Certified medical services
- 165 suites/staterooms on Decks 3-8, including one wheelchair-accessible stateroom and select staterooms that can accommodate three guests
Please note: features may vary slightly depending on the vessel. Confirm features with your Cruise Holiday Expert at time of booking.
- ms Paul Guguin
Paul Gauguin Cruises is a cruise line that was owned by Beachcomber Croisieres Limited until 2019 when it was purchased by French company Compagnie du Ponant. Paul Gauguin Cruises operates cruises with one luxury ship, the Paul Gauguin, to Tahiti, French Polynesia, and the South Pacific.
Why we love it
- Small & Intimate Cruise Ship
- Luxurious Suites & Staterooms
- 1:1.5 Crew-to-Guest Ratio
- Exceptional Fine Dining